Type of Organisation
Be part of the team shaping WA’s sustainable water future in the face of climate change. With our services, projects and activities spanning over 2.6 million square kilometres, your role will contribute to making a meaningful impact across the state. We have approximately 3645 employees to manage and asset base worth more than $15 billion.
Where can water take you?
Advancing your career will advance our community too.
Climate change is the biggest challenge we face today, use your degree to help accelerate a sustainable water future for WA.
We are looking for bold, creative thinkers to join our 12-week program and help solve the big issues affecting our planet.
Locations where there are vacancies for Interns
For University students in their Penultimate Year, we have 25 Vacation Student roles in the Perth Metro area. no FIFO, be home every night.
We also have Vacation roles in Northam, Geraldton, Karratha and Bunbury. Regional roles will be Perth based until after Christmas, then we will set you up in the area with flights, accommodation and meaningful, hands-on site work.
Residency requirements for Interns wishing to apply
All candidates considered including International Students
Applications are open to those who have full Australian Work Rights, Permanent Residents and Australian Citizens; we verify this in our recruitment process
Roles available for Interns
* Our paid 12-week program will give you real world experience in line with your Uni studies
* Social Connections with our large co-hort of Vacation Students and Graduates
* Most Vac roles based in Perth Metro area, some roles based in regional areas, no FIFO
* Fast Track opportunities to our award-winning Grad Program
* Earn $62,483 total rem, pro-rated over Summer
Why choose Water Corporation for your Summer Vacation placement?
Our Program will run from 27 Nov 2023 – 16 Feb 2024. Many students stay at Water Corporation to work Part time as they return to their final year of Uni.
What’s in it for you?
* Feel valued, be included in meaningful projects
* Immersive development, challenging work with real life learning opportunities
* Do work that matters and have a lot of fun on interesting projects
* Exposure to cutting-edge water technology
* Social Connections with other Vacation Students and a large cohort of Graduates
* Paid, meaningful, hands-on work in your field
* Meet University requirements while gaining professional experience
* Fast-track opportunities to our Graduate Program, set up your future career
* Collaborate with people who make a difference to the Sustainability of WA water supply
* Site visits to see what we do to sustain fresh water for future generations
* Opportunities to network in an inclusive environment
* Join an organisation that values diversity and inclusion
* Flexible working arrangements, we have a sincere Work / Life Balance culture
* On-site gym and amazing social club
* Free weekly meditation classes
* Onsite Pilates and yoga classes
* Convenient onsite café in Leederville
Who is eligible?
If you are due to finish University in 2024 in the listed disciplines, apply now, we will be in touch in July.
How to apply
Only a basic CV is required, we have a few questions we would like you to answer in your application
Degree Subjects Required for Interns wishing to apply
Electrical Engineering (including Mechatronics / Control Systems / Electronics)
Computer Science / Information Technology / Cyber Security
Data Science or Analytics
Geospatial Science or Analysis or GIS
Computer Science or Information Technology
Health Sciences or Health and Safety
Project Management (Health and Safety)
Indigenous Studies or Native Title Law